Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Business Program Manager to work a 1 year assignment with potential to extend onsite in Richfield, MN.
Vendor Operations Team
The Vendor Gateway Program is a multi-phase project.
This position is critical in helping coordinate the business team in organizing the building of new process steps associated with the Gateway program. The intent of the Gateway work is to initially eliminate the paper forms and manual steps of completing contracts. By eliminating paper and manual steps, the new systematic processes must be designed. Some of the new work to be completed includes creation of governance steps/groups, escalation steps, the need for security for both internal and external partners plus the process of how to manage security access and creation of an overall framework of support to ensure the new solution is sustainable. This individual will help coordinate the working sessions and assist with the structuring of the change management plan for both internal and external partners.
The Vendor Gateway Program is an estimated $10M investment and a multi-year program designed to create an enhanced foundation for vendor management processes and technologies which improves merchant/vendor communication, increases collaboration, enables online negotiations and automates collection of funds, improved vendor/SKU analytics, enhances visibility to consistent metrics, reduces internal inefficiencies, integrates technologies, and strengthens governance throughout the vendor lifecycle.
- PM will be assisting with Phase 1 and Phase 2 integration with Partner Portal
- Resource will be working with all different levels of leadership, from a SME to a category officer
- Help manage business resources and deliverables
- Influence and drive decisions
- Ability to create strong relationships with cross-functional teams and leadership. Must keep these teams accountable and responsible for project deliverables, timelines, and meeting merchant, finance, and vendor needs.
- Provide status updates/communication to business owners, leadership, and SMEs
- Document current and future state processes, procedures, training documents and partner with the project team to help identify gaps, risks, and opportunities related to the project.
- Will help manage milestones and interdependencies of project work
- Assisting the Business Analysts as needed
- 5-7 years’ experience in program/project management
- Understand quickly complex systems and translate to business teams
- Must be able to successfully lead meetings, organize, and rally large groups of people
- Candidate much be able to take initiative, ask questions and make constant improvements and suggestions
- Change management experience is a plus
- Previous corporate retail experience is highly preferred
- Excellent leadership attributes- manages up and down
- Ability to create strong customer relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Pays close attention to detail