- This is a one year temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee
Our Fortune 500 Tourism and Hospitality client is looking to add a Business / Product Analyst to their project team.
Based in Celebration, FL and reporting to the manager, product management, the product analyst will be responsible for understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital products for our client. The product analyst will be responsible for translating that direction into various document types, including requirement documents, mind maps, user stories and product specs. The position may require up to 25% travel.
Job Specific Scope
• Responsible for understanding, and executing, the digital strategic direction of a product line and/or a destination/brand as outlined by the [Product Manager]
• Translates the digital strategic direction outlined by the [Product Manager] into a set of feature requirements and user stories
• Prioritizes the feature requirements and user stories developed into an agile backlog; managing the requirements throughout the agile development lifecycle
• Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction outlined by the [Product Manager]
• Ensures the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, to ensure adherence to strategic vision
• Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
• Supports multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope
• Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
• Provides frequent communication to the [Product Manager] on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
• Alongside the [Product Manager], collaborates with organizations across the client's company (Pricing, Rev. Management, Marketing, Sales, Operations, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations
• Collaborates with [Sr. Analysts] across other product lines/destinations/brands within the organization to ensure a seamless consumer experience across touch points
Complexity of Work
• The [Analyst] is responsible for translating the digital strategy of a large product line or destination/brand into clearly prioritized requirements, and ensuring appropriate delivery of those requirements across the development lifecycle
• The [Analyst] needs a solid understanding of the core business, as well as our digital business, of large-scale complex product lines and/or projects. Negotiates valuation and funding of features that impact their product line/destination/brand, while pushing to ensure that teams are value engineering cost effective solutions.
• Leads and directs multiple cross-functional teams to successfully deliver against the strategic direction of a product line and/or a destination/brand
Minimum 3 years experience working in the online industry, with at least 1 year in a leadership role
• Experience with technical, user and business issues in a fast moving online organization. Experience with Agile software development methodology highly desired
• Strong knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
• Ability to effectively lead and support multi-track teams, while working collaboratively to deliver with quality on time
• Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex critical issues
• Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
• Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative