Our client, a global management consulting company, is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join their fast moving technical team responsible for developing solutions within their SaaS and business intelligence platform. Your role will be integral to taking the PriceMetrix platform to the next level in its evolution. Our solution employs data processing algorithms to transform and load data into a series of databases. This sophisticated analytics processing enables the generation of process-intensive reports, data visualization tools, and feature rich web-enabled applications. As a BI Developer, you will be required to thoroughly learn our current technology and enhance it with help from our team of experts.
The successful incumbent will be a key member of the R&D team with a range of experiences in developing innovative web and data-driven applications. You will provide input to the development of the overall platform and execute assigned projects from initial brainstorming and technical design through to programming and unit testing. We want you to utilize your passion for database development and BI components in SQL Server to envision, develop, prove, articulate and execute innovative solutions to the business problems of our customers. We are continually focused on high-performance, highly scale-able, and secure systems and your contributions will contribute to improving the SDLC at PriceMetrix (including aspects such as build/test automation, coding standards, code reviews, design standards and documentation).
- Experience with developing business intelligence and data warehousing solutions using MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012
- Strong knowledge of ETL design and development using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in dimensional modelling and physical design of high-performance and scalable data warehouses and multidimensional databases
- Complete understanding of the full development life-cycle and loads of experience with good and not-so-good implementations of it
- Demonstrated ability to transform software requirements into high quality output
- Ability to understand multiple potential solutions and objectively present them for the team's consideration; able to articulate architecture proposals
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical ideas in written formats and strong verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and/or MCTS SQL certification or equivalent experience
Who You'll Work With:
You'll work on a team focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture. This is a core part of the organization which offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement the organization's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.