The manager is seeking a strong IT BA with experience in web, API, and/or mobile development projects. Previous experience as an IT BA in the retail industry is strongly desired.
Manager's top requirements:
1. Good analytical skills – strong IT BA
2. Great communicator, be able to articulate, and build requirements on a document; User Flows to create stories
3. Fast learner, proactive
Our client is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help define new business functionality for Mobile Payments at U.S. service stations.
The person in this role will gather and document requirements, design business and system processes, and help define system solutions for new system functionality. Successful candidates will have strong communication and facilitation skills, as they will need to partner with subject matter specialists and vendors to understand business needs, define the content of deliverables, and facilitate reviews and approvals.
• Translates business requirements into user stories
• Development of functional specifications, technical specifications, or similar documents for specifying requirements and logical system designs (critical)
• Conduct business and systems requirements analysis at data level such as data mapping and data conversion analysis
• Perform User Acceptance Testing through development lifecycle
• Build and maintain documentation to help educate team members as well as serve as a reference.
• Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, providing requirements and ensuring successful delivery occurs
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
• Provide clarifications to Project team as questions arise
• Engages with business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
• Responsible for critical examinations of current business processes and provides recommendations for to-be process
• Conduct analysis, data validation and mapping; gather requirements and documentation
• Understand business/data workflows, identify problems and opportunities
• Research, test and track business issues and defects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Other Technology fields required
• 5-7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related field
• Experience with Web or Mobile Projects
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Extremely detail oriented
• Highly self-motivated and disciplined
• Agile Scrum/Kanban background is highly preferred
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.