The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of data capture and data visualization, and will also have great communication and soft skills.
Our client is seeking a seasoned IT Business Analyst to support their SJV Business Unit in Bakersfield, CA. The Business Analyst will be providing support in a continuing project for OSI PI regulatory reporting. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of data capture and data visualization.
• Responsible for a liaison role between the business and the providers of IT services to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
• Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT.
• Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
• Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
• Schedules and communicate the system go-live date.
• Develops and/or update documentation and training materials.
• Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered
• Documents, functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill the business requirements.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 5-7 years’ experience as IT Business Analyst required – in full SDLC
• Experience with Agile Project Methodologies
• Familiar with Teradata or Data warehouse projects, Cloud (Azure and AWS), Business Intelligence tools (Micro Strategy, Spotfire, Power BI)
• Experience with Oil and Gas is a plus