Business Analyst - Mt. View - market rate - 3 months with possible extension
We need someone who can use the analytic tools that we are building, find opportunities, drive fixes and drive product adoption. Someone who has keen insight into data and understand the business insights. This person will be playing the role of QA too to some extent.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with Business Objects or similar reporting packages, databases, and, analytical tools
• Advanced level MS Excel skills and proven experience using this or similar spreadsheet packages
• Intermediate to advanced MS Access skills and experience or other similar database packages
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of statistical techniques
• Able to form, foster, and maintain strong, positive, and collaborative business relationships across Merchandizing Organization business group and other business units. Exhibits confidence and ability to interact with all associate levels.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the emphasis on anticipating and listening to users’ needs and concerns, delivering effective client service and needs-based solutions. Responsive to needs.
• Able to work independently as well as across functional or matrix team structures
• Strong business acumen and organizational savvy with ability to quickly grasp business issues and understand business strategy
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy,
• Strong desire to work with data and the ability to intuitively draw conclusions, extract meaning, and provide insights from that data.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to construct organized, well written documents that translate data into insights and provide the appropriate level of detail/information to meet the target audience’s needs
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong track record for execution and follow through when under pressure and managing critical deadlines.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of data modeling, data mining, and segmentation techniques
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of relational databases and concepts
• Knowledge and experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems and business processes
• Intermediate to advanced Business Objects knowledge and experience
• Basic knowledge and experience with relational databases and concepts
• Prior experience with SPSS, SAS, Microsoft SSAS, or similar business intelligence and analytical software
• Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new situations
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs