Our Fortune 50 Financial Services organization is looking for a Business Analyst to help with a special project . The position is initially anticipated to be 6 months.
You will be responsible for consulting with clients to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations.
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and participates in the development of complex analysis designs using statistical and/or financial analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis, etc.; interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc.
- Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies.
- May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.:
- 6+ years reporting and analytical experience or a minimum of a Masters degree in programs such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics or computer sciences with 3+ years directly applicable work experience.
• Analyzing varied data sets for use in BI development
• Providing both technical and process consulting
• Developing dashboards and visualizations
• Learning new tools and techniques based on what the projects require
• Managing multiple project timelines concurrently
• Lead through all aspects of the analytics life cycle from intake and defining a business problem to extracting data, manipulating data, generating insights, and summarizing “the story” for partners and leaders OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3+ years of Tableau or similar tool experience
• Ability to learn new software and visualization techniques on the job.
• Experience developing reporting and performing complex data analysis
• Knowledge and understanding of data organizing or structuring complex data across varied data sources