Our team is currently on Visual Studio Online (VSO) and we are working to move towards Git. We are in the anti-malware business. The team is approximately 30 engineers. The team is largely on rotation, with approximately 3-4 people working at all times. There is a sister team in Israel that you would work with. This team works in a mixture of Waterfall and Agile environment. The legacy team (where you will be focused) works primarily in Waterfall. The primary coding language is C# for the legacy team. The new teams use Git. We are looking for a strong technical builder that understands the build process.
We are looking for someone to work with our development teams to build all components of a software product, including maintaining batch files and tools, to keep up with changes in the product. Sets up initial build trees, performs, debugs and fixes builds, and promotes official drops including those for Expresso and help builds. Works closely with the other members of the build team and proactively identifies and implements procedures to parallelize and streamline the build process.
The primary role will be to un-block builder issues. We would like you to be strong in VSO, as you will primarily be working in this field. The work that you will be doing pertains to the back-end services, not the client side. May be responsible for managing the build and release schedules with shared components and identifying and driving the resolution of build and runtime errors. May drive the development and maintenance of build automation tools.
You will be the only builder on the team providing you a unique autonomy and an opportunity to make an impact on the engineers they will be working with. The legacy system is fairly complex, there are lots of opportunities to make improvements.
• 5+ years of experience in a technology with 2 – 4 years of Build experience (C#)
• You should understand the binary dependencies of the program and the small scripting (basic PowerShell, etc).
• Knowledge of applicable build processes and of Microsoft development tools required.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
• Knowledge of source code control systems required; Source Depot preferred.
• Familiarity with product development cycle and with international issues may be required.
• Experience with Git and Azure (ServiceFab is what is used currently, but any version will work) a huge plus, as you will then understand both our old and new processes.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs