- Provide support to the systems and services on site at Sky, and maintain broadcast graphics and data systems to meet client requirements and service availability levels.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and expertise to internal user groups.
- To provide support to the Graphics & Data Solutions Support Shift Team Manager on BAU basis for broadcast graphics and data systems. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work.
- Ensure all issues are logged and reported to high standards.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analysis and fault finding at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Maintain Documentation Database, ensuring information is up to date a factually correct
The Broadcast Support Engineer will ensure that high quality proactive maintenance and reactive support is provided for the Graphics and Data Systems on which Sky’s Production business depends. As part of the Graphics & Data Solutions Support function, this role is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures.
The Broadcast Support Engineer needs to work as a team player and ensure active communication is kept with the Graphics & Data Solutions Shift Team Manager at all times. Maintaining a positive and supportive culture is required.
- To ensure that tasks allocated to you are carried out to a high level in an appropriate time frame.
- Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and for unplanned 24/7 support requirements.
- To ensure that tasks are always coordinated properly for the hand over and hand back of live systems, to ensure that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
- To ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
- To ensure that all incidents are recorded into the Spark System in detail.
- Escalate to relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on resolution of incidents.
- To demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations where competing interests exist within the departments and with third parties.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a digital television broadcast environment or Computer Administrator Support Role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound customer service skills
Individuals should ideally possess the following technical skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Broadcast Graphic Systems Understanding of SD/HD/UHD Standards
- Excellent knowledge of Broadcast Graphics Systems
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Windows 7 Installation & Administration
- Remote Administration
- Microsoft Packages
- Active Directory Understanding
- A good understanding of Networking to debug network issues
- Good understanding of the demands of a live broadcast environment
- Excellent experience in hardware support
- A good academic track record, particularly in a technical discipline.
- Educated to Degree level in Broadcast Engineering, Media Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
Knowledge in Viz products, highly desirable
- Content Pilot
- Viz One
- Graphics Hub
- Viz Weather
- Database installation & configuration
Proven track record in delivering graphics solutions. We are looking for keen individuals who have worked in a Digital Television Broadcast environment or Computer Administrator Support Role.
The successful candidate will need to be able to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively in a pressurised live broadcast environment
- Windows Cluster Management
- Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
- Linux Intermediate level
- Server 2000/2003/2008 Installation & Administration