YEAR LONG CONTRACT!
Title: Games Brand Writer
Hasbro’s Games Brand Writing team seeks a talented writer to write persuasive on-brand copy for our games packaging; and to write, develop, and partner in graphic design of games rules. Our ideal candidate will love to play games and must possess excellent writing, editorial, and project management skills and a demonstrated command of all facets of creative writing, including the ability to name products and develop signature styles that capture and define the essence of our brands. In addition, the writer should have experience developing longer-form instructions such as manuals or rules booklets, and knowledge of graphic design principles. The writer must be capable of managing as many as 15 concurrent projects and track constantly changing product information to keep all copy accurate. Finally, the writer must thrive in a highly creative fast-paced and sometimes challenging environment.
Flawless copy editing and proofreading skills are required, as well as knowledge of editorial best practices as defined in Chicago Manual. The candidate must also possess strong verbal and interpersonal skills and be able to work productively on a cross-functional team.
(60%) Develop accurate and accessible game rules:
- • Work closely with Game Designer to test and refine gameplay. Rewrite “rough rules” to polished and accurate final version, recommending illustrations and other art.
- Manage changes to game components, assembly, and gameplay as they affect rules.
- When appropriate, develop story to set up game scenario in rules.
30% Create compelling and on-brand packaging copy
- • Work with Marketing and Game Design to develop compelling names and taglines via namestorms, market research, testing, etc.
- • Write creative copy for front and back of package, ensuring that messaging and communication conform to specifications of the packaging brief.
- • Produce accurate legal, licensor, and regulatory copy.
- • Keep copy documents up to date on server.
- • Write translation briefs for global versions of games.
(10%) Contribute creatively to product development teams, which includes:
- • Initiating and attending team meetings, product kick offs, creative brainstorms, approval meetings, and status meetings.
- • Participating in team creative challenges as appropriate.
- • Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent
- • Knowledge of communication strategies
- • Knowledge of publication design or information design a plus but not required
- • Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements
- • Advanced presentation and interpersonal skills
- • Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing circumstances
- • Flexibility to work independently, collaboratively, or as a project lead
- • Proven time/project management ability
- • Fluid command of English language and grammar
- • Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- • Confidence, resilience, and a positive attitude