Primary Job Purpose:
To drive brand strategy and articulation across “house of brands” to support our core
brand value proposition of building “a fair, safe and inclusive financial network giving more people
direct control over their money”.
Primary Job Responsibilities
1. Lead the thinking, concepting and execution on brand strategy and identity—
• Brand narrative (including mission, vision, personality and attributes)
• Brand architecture
• Product portfolio & taxonomy
• Naming standards
• Visual identity
• Brand guidelines clearly articulating our brand platform for use by all key brand customers
internally and externally
2. Engage and partner with the world’s leading brand thinkers to help us innovate and drive our
brand strategy into new areas and new audiences - living our brand personality and creating
the brand behaviors that will make a leader in the Interbrand Top 50 global brands by
3. Nurture and protect brand assets, at a global and local executional level so that our
brand is always displayed consistently, in line with brand guidelines and governance and we
create equity and value in our recognisable brand icons: - buttons, communications templates,
corporate identity and workplace branding
4. Be the key partner for consulting and collaboration on concepts, credentials and assets across
the business – Including with the People & Culture team, the product organization, global
support functions like Legal, Risk, Compliance, Communications and all the regional markets
• A searing ambition and creative passion for the brand — which can be translated into
awe-inspiring vision and purpose for the brand to engage and persuade all our audiences of
's unique position in the world.
• An impactful, inspiring story teller - comfortable in any arena evangelizing our brand.
Engaging communicator in written and spoken formats and confident addressing senior
stakeholders. Can paint pictures with words, can use design to replace words.
• A customer champion at heart with solid experience in the consumer tech category and/or
financial services category (but not just financial services). Can defend the customers wishes
and hopes within logical, engineering-based environments and will always fight for the
standards that our brand deserves.
• Proven experience in insights-based strategy development for brand creation and evolution.
• Can bring out the best in agency partnership – garnering the best teams, building highly
engaging relationships and delivering great results with a keen eye on costs.
• Team player across functions and borders - collaborative, consultative, collegiate, someone
who builds answers and outcomes with their stakeholders and “customers”.
• High energy, self driven, loads of initiative, resourceful - generally very focused on getting to
• "yes" and getting to “do".
• Impeccable attention to detail, very high quality standards and robust principles when it
comes to brand integrity and acting against insights.
• Disciplined and empathetic people person — someone that people see as a trusted adviser, a
project partner, a strong voice for the customer in global forums and an aficionado on the
customer and the markets within the region.
• A global citizen—someone of representing the voice and views of our international
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Communications or equivalent, Masters in marketing a PLUS
• An "education" in the craft and methodologies of brand strategy and development, marketing
communications and services, especially around technology, social, digital and mobile practices
— with a fervent passion for design and visual expression.
• 7+ years experience in brand strategy and creative development, based on insights in a fast
moving, disruptive, rapid growth brand environment — preferably with a mix of agency and
• Strong design and user experience affinity and ability to influence across organizations and
entities — product, service, websites and other branded properties.
• Accomplished brand strategy articulation — with an impressive history in executing in cross
functional team environments in matrix organizations.
• Internationally attune and strong empathy with locally driven marketing
• Highly influential with excellent public speaking and presenting skills
• English plus one additional language ideal.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Primary Job Purpose: