OWN BRAND PRODUCT MANAGER
The Own Brand Product Manager, (PM), is responsible for the development and execution of category and product level strategies which:
• Support the overall Brands Group’s goals and objectives
• Drive profitable overall sales and margin growth in his/her assigned categories across the North American business units.
The PM will work to achieve sales and margin goals for existing and new SKUs by developing and executing assortment, promotional, and marketing tactics to support specific product categories. The primary functions include developing, communicating, and executing against a rolling product roadmap for key categories within his/her categories that provide a steady stream of new products. To best manage the new product pipeline and grow sales of existing items, the PM will work closely with a cross functional teams including partners from Merchandising, Product Development, Design, Marketing, and Operations to deliver products and selling strategies that differentiate our brand from the competition.
Own Brand Product Strategic Planning Manage the tactical execution of the rolling product road map as defined by the Vice President or Director of Product Management for his/her specified categories
New Product Management Manage new product development for new products. Lead development of project briefs and oversee key projects to ensure they provide sales growth, margin expansion, and/or market differentiation. Partner with Merchants to ensure that strategies and roadmaps support their selling objectives. Work with internal market research teams to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated into new products. Provide direction for physical package design with a focus on quality and innovation. Utilize the Product Lifecycle Management system (Enovia) to track all new projects. Partner with Product Development to ensure products meeting feature, quality, and timeline expectations. Communicate new product road maps with key stakeholders.
Demand Generation Activities Develop selling strategies and execute all merchandising, promotional, and marketing tactics intended to deliver budgeted sales and margin in the assigned categories. Oversee activity by the internal creative agencies to create key marketing materials, as well as category and product specific packaging briefs for promo and everyday products. Work with cross functional team to execute elements of the cohesive marketing plan across multiple channels and vehicles. Partner with Direct and Contract Merchants to support Own Brand needs related to catalog and online presentation of Own Brand products.
Brand Development As defined by the Vice President or Director of Product Management in the area, maintain Brand stewardship of all brand and other exclusive brand products in our portfolio.
• New Product Management. Manage project timelines and demonstrate practical decision making. Organized professional with strong sense of urgency.
• Relevant category experience a plus. Understands current trends affecting category growth and demonstrates strong product and category curiosity.
• Strong analytical and financial skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and a sense of urgency in accomplishing goals through collaboration and communication with all levels of management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly articulate Own Brand new product plans. Strong presentation skills with ability to persuade others. Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
• Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities.
• Team player able to work cross functionally to accomplish strategic initiatives.
• Cross functional team leadership. Ability to work across organization to lead the implementation of key projects.
• Some marketing experience preferred
• 6 TO 8 Years Related Work Experience Required
• Bachelor Degree Required, MBA preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
OWN BRAND PRODUCT MANAGER