Brand Marketing/Strategy Manager - FASHION APPAREL BRAND
Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, produce and deliver client iconic American style around the world. We have to deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product life-cycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact. 1) new online product testing capability and 2) in-store product testing program. Product Testing is key focus, enabling our brand teams to test product to gain customer feedback that drives high-impact, strategic decisions. Testing informs a range of decisions –from the size of a denim order to re-designing a dress or selecting a print prior to manufacturing.
We are seeking someone with a passion for retail, who loves problem solving, thrives in a cross-functional working environment and has a strong desire to work/partner and collaborate with multiple stakeholders (e.g. Merch, IM, Production, Digital Marketing, Store Operations, etc.) and to work in a role combining strategy with best in class test execution
• Champion the adoption of Testing as a strategic capability across CLIENT inclusive of test strategy, design, execution and measurement.
• Partner with cross-functional teams: Lead and/or participate in key Brand Test Kickoffs to ensure test execution answers the test objectives Lead and/or participate in key Brand Test Result Handoffs and can provide context to the result analysis and provide clarity on how to apply the results
• Anticipate roadblocks, both intellectual and political, and proactively address test issues before they impact business results. Lead and/or participate in the resolution of test issues and concerns.
• Design & implement optimal testing processes with organizational partners (including Store Operations, Analytics, Operating Strategy) to ensure high quality output by identifying best practices and fostering continuous improvement to create a repeatable sustainable, scalable process for testing.
• Develop training materials to demonstrate the value of testing through both strategic and tactical execution, inclusive of cross-functional team roles and responsibilities
• Champion, drive and support the change management required to support on-going sustainability of the testing process and tools across/within Brands.
• Develop in partnership with Operating Strategy and Analytics key metrics to show the value and benefits of testing to drive continuous test improvement across/within Brands.
• Ensure consistent and standard test deliverables to the Brand and drive best in class test delivery
• Develop presentations and present finding to all levels of management Qualifications • Ability to partner and collaborate with key stakeholders to influence change
• Demonstrate ability to think globally/strategically and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added tests
• Experience with change management and leading transition and implementation work
• Proficient at project management and senior management communication
• Ability to influence and manage project outcomes to deliver results
• Strong critical thinking and business curiosity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to drive and execute process analysis
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt to a changing environment Minimum educational level
• Bachelor’s Degree required Minimum experience
• 7-10 years plus experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar analytic role
• Proven team player with strong project management skills
• Ability to influence in a matrix organization
• Strong business partnership skills
• Excellent process improvement skills