Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to brand success by planning and executing programs to achieve company financial and business objectives in the CPG channels. Works effectively across the organization to further CPG brand and marketing initiatives. Effectively develops direct reports.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Works cross-functionally and with the brand team to grow share, build the brand and achieve financial objectives
- Leads and/or oversees day to day management of brand activity including forecasting; budget tracking; shipment and consumption analysis; marketing plan execution and program tracking. Manages the business against operating plans and budgets.
- Leads cross-functional and project teams to deliver strategic recommendations, new products and/or marketing programs
- Directs marketing programming and budget allocation
- Builds strong relationships within a matrix structure to ensure achievement of business objectives as well as marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guardrails
- Evaluates information and identifies issues that require escalation or within-brand-team resolution
- Cascades important time sensitive information to direct reports, peers, brand director and vice president.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure effectiveness of immediate team of direct reports
- Coach and mentor teams to enhance CPG Marketing & Category knowledge
- Promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results.
Planning and Execution - Develops strategic and operational plans for the work group; works with brand team and external partners to execute programs and measure results:
- Creates annual operating and marketing plans including recommendations for products, pricing, packaging, promotions and distribution.
- Collaborates with internal and external strategic business partners to develop joint marketing strategies and plans; oversees implementation and monitors results
- Recommends strategic direction of brand to senior management
- Collaborates with the Company’s Retail marketing organization to coordinate and execute advertising and
promotions that support and are consistent with company-wide marketing and brand goals and objectives.
- Tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance. Recommends action plans to address variances in brand performance against annual plan
- Directs and oversees forecasting and business analysis
Business Requirements - Provides brand management expertise and executes marketing responsibilities:
- Manages the brand P&L via marketing program execution and budget management
- Evaluates, prioritizes and leads decisions regarding new products and marketing opportunities based on financial viability and brand fit.
- Identifies and leads integrated programs in collaboration with other brands and channels
- Leads consumer research to define customer targets and marketing mix. Applies insights to make decisions regarding brand direction
- Applies consumer insights and understanding of marketplace dynamics to develop compelling brand positioning
Partner Development & Team Building - Provides partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Participates in CPG succession planning activities to support organizational growth.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly managed
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
Summary of Experience
- Product or brand management at a top-tier CPG company 6-10 years
- Project leadership in a cross-functional environment 5-10 yrs
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to influence others
- Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data
- Strong knowledge of CPG marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally
- Strong cross-functional and team leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Functions effectively with ambiguity
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Summary and Mission