BRAND EVENT PLANNER
FOCUSED ON CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• 5-7 years or more solid event planning and executing experience
• Ability to work across multiple teams with key stakeholders
• Personality: Enthusiastic, upbeat, smart, articulate and poised when talking with the public, confident and experienced in leading meetings, calls, briefings, etc.
• Strategic, creative thinker and problem solver
• Experience traveling to events (road show/touring events) or producing events in multiple markets a big plus
• Ability to travel: 20-25% on weekends, mostly in spring and summer
The Event Planner, Event Strategy and Services is responsible for developing and executing events as a critical channel for brand experience and engagement. S/he reports to the Director of Event Strategy & Services. The position’s chief responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a clear understanding of enterprise goals and strategy
• Planning, event valuation and consulting, production, staff management, and execution of events in multiple key strategic markets (based upon profile, budget, audience, client, etc.)
• Working collaboratively with other department planners and an external agency in the production of both B2B and B2C events
• Supporting the development of internal systems and best practices for event production and execution (Event in a Box)
• Supporting Organization’s Events efforts to contribute to the enterprise goals of brand revitalization, social impact, engagement, relevance, membership, revenue and local presence.
• Supporting the use of the events channel to positively shape the Organization's experience among members, non-members, industry leaders, media, opinion/community leaders, volunteers and AARP staff.
• Maintaining accountability for budgets to include vendor selection and cost management.
• As needed, may be called on to supervise staff assigned to support the functions of the events being produced while on site. Does not require day to day staff management.
• Serve as a Brand Ambassador at external-facing events and effectively carry the messages of the Organization.
• Exhibit leadership behaviors
• Support a culture of innovation and collaboration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Production, Management or related field or an equivalent number of years’ experience of work experience and education.
• 5+ years of experience in event planning and production, with a proven track record of success
• Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to be both detail-oriented and creative.
• Experience working on a traveling exhibit, multiple city event tour, or experiential marketing campaigns a plus.
• Demonstrated strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders required.
• Ability to contribute to a culture of collaboration and innovation
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities and work styles, and demonstrated diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Travel up to 20%
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
BRAND EVENT PLANNER