Sustainable Business & Innovation (SB&I) is focused on defining, planning and executing Nike’s moonshot to double our business with half the impact on the planet. We aim to help bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world in a sustainable economy where people, profit and planet are in balance. We use facts and analytics to create leverage. We focus on the major corporate impact areas (chemistry, energy, water, waste) and use our insights to create pre-competitive and post-competitive change. Our focus areas are on embedding sustainability into the broader NIKE Inc. organization, hitting our ambitious 2020/2025 sustainability targets, and creating new revenue-positive uses for manufacturing waste.
Sustainability concepts are complex. This role leverages design expertise to translate that complexity into simple, meaningful and effective communications in the form of dynamic presentations, physical environments, and digital assets such as infographics, charts, etc. The focus is on internal-Nike and external (industry, consumer-facing, etc.) Brand experience of communication, digital, retail and collateral materials. The Brand Designer II designs all aspects of the look and feel of SB&I Brand experiences at all end-in-mind touch points in partnership with Sustainable Business & Innovation core teams, Manufacturing & Sourcing, Materials, Brand Marketing, Categories, and Global Design, etc.
- Under the direction of the Creative Producer Senior Manager, the Brand Designer II creates original design solutions for 2D and 3D execution for internal-Nike and external consumer experiences: graphics, digital.
- Communicates and present design concepts to team/leader/director.
- Creates Power Point, Keynote, and other formats for presentation materials that effectively communicate concepts.
- Works with SB&I creative partners and teams to ensure feasibility of designs, budget, functional needs (digital, brand communications) and overall program needs.
- Produces directives and electronic files for production purposes. When needed, works with external agencies to produce assets.
- Actively incorporates Nike’s 365 brand identity guidelines and SB&I’s creative direction. Gains knowledge and experience regarding Nike’s design ethos, the Nike matrix, products and processes.
- Gains knowledge of current trends in consumer experience and technology and other related design influencers.
- MUST HAVE PRIOR NIKE EXPERIENCE (FTE, ETW or Agency work)
- BRAND IDENTITY
- BRAND / RETAIL MARKETING
- CREATIVE DIRECTION
- WEB DESIGN
- WORD PRESS
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Architectural or Industrial Design, with minimum of 5-7 years’ experience.