Our top consumer goods and toy client is seeking a passionate mid-level Brand Designer responsible for the design and execution of impactful retail, event and branding collateral materials that articulate and reinforce the brand position. This position reports to the Creative Manager and works closely with packaging, marketing, product design and brand writing. The successful candidate will have an excellent sense of design, typography, brand architecture and retail environments with the technical skills necessary to create finished designs.
This role will be for a one year assignment, with potential to convert to full time. It offers W2 pay and full benefits. Work must be done on site in Pawtucket, RI.
• Design and execute retail trade dress graphic expressions for in-house and licensed games, including; end caps and free-standing displays
• Execute merchandising guides for global distribution.
• Work with cross functional partners to meet the retail requirements set forth by marketing
• Work directly with external creative resources Including; graphic agencies, illustrators and photographers while adhering to item level budget.
• Participate in creative brainstorms for brand, retail and events development.
• Work with the Creative Manager to organize and facilitate product and lifestyle photo shoots
• Seek out and apply current trends and insights
• High level of creativity, passion and integrity
• Highly proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Word, Excel
• Strong sketching skills.
• The ability to conceptualize and sketch ideas preferred
• Knowledge of visual design principals: graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon & logo development, branding, messaging
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to produce impressive design solutions that communicate brand initiatives and objectives clearly
• Strong presentation skills
• Organized and able to multi-task in a high-volume environment
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude and ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Ability and willingness to work under aggressive deadlines in an ever-changing environment
• Is a self-starter and able to work with strong attention to detail
• B.F.A. in Graphic Design or Fine Arts; or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in related industry
• Previous brand development and/or event & retail design experience preferred