Award winning centralised internal agency within an entertainment giant are looking for a Lead Senior Designer.
The client endeavours to build a working environment where people can flourish and create their best work. Structured around six core functional disciplines; Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Video, Film, Sound and Music; the team delivers projects in collaboration with the game development and marketing/PR teams. You wil have a diverse portfolio that covers all of the disciplins listed above. You will be working on pactshots, POS, company and games logos.
Lead Senior Designer will manage, art direct, coach and develop the client facing brand design team which forms part of the VISUAL department, helping develop process and structure that
allows successful, imaginative responses to creative briefs both independently and through the wider team. Facilitation of team interaction, communication and collaboration across the VISUAL and AUDIO departments is fundamental to the role. You will be 60% hands on design and 40% managment focused.
• Day-to-day management of the Brand Design Team.
• Oversee the effective production, execution and delivery of bold, impactful work that will help define how the future brand of products and services are communicated to consumers.
• Develop the Brand Design Team and individuals, recognising where support, training, mentoring and the necessary tools are required. Ensuring the growth of talent, skillset and ultimately quality.
• Ensure effective and efficient delivery of brand campaigns for online, in game, print and point of sale.
• Present effective creative options in line with budgets and timescales. Aiming always to push the bar and highlight where quality can be raised.
• Work with other discipline leads to highlight areas for improvement within the VISUAL department that help increase efficiency and quality and then develop, communicate and maintain these processes.
• Communicate frequently with relevant discipline leads and/or external vendors to discuss visual direction of relevant projects.
• Work with the Creative Director to ensure a title or campaigns visual style is consistent with the rest of the work within the group.
• Effectively work to timescales and budgets, foreseeing potential complications/risks/change in scope to a project and highlight to the necessary people.
• Maintain a list of external agencies and freelancers and use or suggest accordingly, when required.
• Ensure the high-quality bar of our output is consistently met before sharing or pitching to Stakeholders.
• Building relations with other Design teams within the business to ensure effective internal collaboration and information sharing.
• Regularly review Brand and ways of promotion along with the Creative Director.
• Collaborate with Marketing and the Development Heads of Production to discuss, agree and formalise best process for effective scheduling, briefing, completion of scope of work, resource allocation and cross-site visibility.
• To be aware of current design trends outside of the games industry.
• Creative Cloud and other relevant design software
• Graphic Design/Creative qualification or relevant training.
• Line Management relevant training or experience
• Detail orientated
• Great communicator: strong written and verbal skills
• Well-organised and maintains high standards even under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable to fast-changing work environment
• Logical thinker and solutions-driven
• Demonstrates initiative, autonomy, and leadership of projects
• Methods and process to effectively prioritise work.
• Passionate about all areas of Design.
• Passionate about Games and how they are communicated to the public.
• Client management – Industry Experience
• Managing successful product delivery
• Using tools to manage the production pipeline along with support from Product Delivery.
• Understanding of other Audio Visual disciplines require to deliver a complete campaign.
• Relevant Design Qualifications