Our consulting client is looking for an experienced Brand Consultant with previous agency experience for a 6+ month long freelance opportunity. Ideally this candidate would be in NYC but the client is also open to remote candidates.
This candidate will be executing communication initiatives that build and position brands in the marketplace, with potential recruits as well as with employees. Requires deep knowledge of brand marketing, creativity and print, online, and video production knowledge. Solid conceptualization and creative development skills as well as an ability to write and edit copy is desired.
The candidate will use their skills to leverage language as a strategic asset to building and supporting the client’s brand. This position is a centralized function and supports internal clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Educate internal stakeholders on our brand voice and naming standards
- Manage all aspects of naming projects, including conducting naming assessments/brainstorms, generating names, owning desktop searches and building and giving presentations
- Liaise with the office of General Council to review and approve all names
- Manage database and portfolio of all internal and external names
- Collaborate on positioning and messaging projects, including the development of value propositions, brand narratives and messaging guides
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed
- Support on additional brand strategy projects and priority initiatives
- Strong campaign and project management, relationship and client interfacing skills is required
The ideal candidate makes independent decisions on the execution of marketing tactics and consults or escalates when appropriate. Must be able to handle and manage a high volume of requests via their workflow tool (Workfront). Has the ability to effectively cope with accelerating changes as required in a dynamic market and organization, alerting marketing leadership as appropriate and independently adjusting programs as-needed basis.
Other Skills & Requirements:
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Creative agency experience required
- Digital marketing experience is required
- Proficiency of web technologies, website usability, metrics, SEO, analytics, etc.
- A self starter and proactive
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must work well independently and as a team
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under pressure
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills required
- Project management concepts and ability to apply with team projects
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Highly self-motivated. Ability to work independently and interpret business requirements
- Knowledge of Workfront or similar task management tool a plus
- Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience required