– Follows accepted Instructional Systems Design processes to design and develop training materials
– Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs and makes modifications to training programs as needed based on performance, business goals and objectives.
– Researches and assesses technical and soft skill training needs, establishes objectives, and designs curricula to meet the business and technical needs.
– Collaborates with project managers, technical subject matter experts (SME) and associates to ensure proper training design, consistent delivery techniques and technical accuracy.
– Conduct training needs analysis to develop curriculum outlines and gains operational acceptance for execution
– Design and develop face-to-face technical training manuals
– Design and develop e-learning courses to be loaded into the client's proprietary system
– Assist with Train-The-Trainer (TTT) in concert with LMS & Communications Administrator
– Develop Level 1-3 assessments and create findings report for executive review
– Assist with developing executive presentations for use in reporting DTVLA operation
The Instructional Designer works closely with the Sales / Product Subject Matter Expert, Sales Training Program Manager, Communications/e-learning Training Lead and other organizations to insure sales standards / processes meet client’s customer expectations.
. Requires understanding of global cultures and customer to drive standard performance and improvements
. Knowledge of learning management systems and content management
. Excellent verbal and written skills
. Ability to build relationships with cross functional teams and regional leaders
. Global experience with a large electronics company is a big plus
- Bachelor's Degree. Masters in Instructional Design a plus.
- Sales training experience (areas such as Pay TV, Telecommunication, etc.)
- Experience using Training development tools (MS Office Suite, Captivate, Flash, Presenter, Articulate)
- Proven excellence in communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with cross-functional project management
- Development and implementation of new training programs, preferably with an organization in which another training program existed
- Customer service skills
- Written and verbal communications skills that can effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
- Highly motivated team player
- Hands on nature with ability and willingness to demonstrate related products
- Fluent in Spanish and English