We're looking for a Bilingual Spanish Proofreader for a long-term opportunity with an in-house creative agency! This award-winning creative services agency is dedicated to the development of creative strategies and content to support key marketing communication efforts for a large travel and hospitality company. To thrive in this role candidates should have at least 3 years experience proofreading both Spanish and English, and some exposure to translation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit equal bilingual proficiency both in Spanish and English with the knowledge and skills essential to this role, including native Spanish language mastery (comprehension as well as writing and translation from English) and keeping current on evolving nomenclature, grammar, usage and spelling.
- Knowledge of Spanish regional differences and similarities is key to ensuring effective communication.
- Complete projects from the Proofreader job queue, review wide range of communication materials and make relevant comments/notes/corrections in the project management application in a timely manner.
- By paying close attention to detail, ensure all creative work adheres to high quality standards.
- Focus is on Proofreading but limited Translation duties may also be performed to the extent there is available time/capacity.
- Equal bilingual proficiency both in Spanish and English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of proofreading/copy editing/Translations experience in a marketing, advertising or related business
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter – ability to work independently and focus intently, providing exceptional attention to detail
- Additional Portuguese and/or French Canadian Language fluency
- Master's Degree