My client are on the lookout for a talented Technical Lead Developer to work on their cutting edge digital deliveries, related services & applications. Their products and solutions include the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding & transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms.
You will have demonstrated a track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web based projects. AS well as having a solid understanding of database design and development, you will be able to display broad back-end experience and knowledge. To strive in this role, you will have also shown previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications.
- Taking the lead on development work on new and existing projects
- Full ownership of technical direction and architecture of a solution
- Leading, guiding and mentoring a technical team allocated to one or numerous projects
- Taking part in scoping, estimation, and sprint planning
- Co-operate with various multi-disciplinary development teams, project-managers and stakeholders
- Skilled knowledge of ASP.NET using C#, with strong back-end experience and exposure to the following technologies:
- Essential: Azure, MVC, Web API, RESTful Web Services, T-SQL, Entity Framework/ORM, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DocumentDB).
- Experience in SOLID principles and design patterns, TDD/BDD, and CI & CD
- Proven experience with B2C solution architecture, requirement gathering, task estimation, and sprint planning
- Strong understanding of security, performance tuning and optimization
- Well versed with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, use of TFS and Git-flow processes
- Strong communicator, with an ability to express and understand difficult technical concepts
- Ability to work in teams with strong interpersonal skills and mentoring experience.
- Ability to present skills and able to present in front of client for required technical concepts.
- Coaching skills with ability to step outside role confines and help teach other team members
Strategic & Operations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Help the Project Manager to identify potential issues and resolve them with technical expertise
- Well versed with the state of the art technologies within Web/Software development and can guide the client and team members as need arise
- Understand the departmental goals and spot potential new business with the client
- Ensure the process and guideline implementation of the development process within the project life cycle
- Ensure project quality and optimisation
- Ensure that product goes through all testing phases and deployment is regulated among development, staging and production environment
- Understand usability practices and able to advise on this to creative, client and team members
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure that projects meet tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with clients and travel to project sites
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Ability to line manage team members and mentor them as required
- 1 day a week WFH
If you feel this role is for you let me know and I will share the full spec!