Back End Developer - London - up to £40,000
Our client is a creative marketing agency, carrying out exciting, award-winning campaigns for large, global technology companies. Their portfolio of clients includes Autodesk, IBM, HPE and CA Technologies. Their dynamic team of consultants comes from a range of backgrounds – from journalism to HR – but they all share a passion for developing and executing exemplary integrated campaigns that delight their clients and drive real results.
Over the past few years, they have recruited a team of talented designers and a lead developer to help them create a range of assets (from digital advertising, animation, web design, video content, experiential design and interactive data visualisation to all sorts of printed assets) that help their clients tell their stories and reach their target audiences in powerful, entertaining and informative ways. They are now looking for an enthusiastic, creative and skilled developer to join the studio to help support the design and development of these digital assets.
Who are we looking for?
As a back-end developer, your overall responsibility is to support the lead developer in ensuring work is delivered to agreed technical and functional quality, and to deadline. You will be an experienced, technically-astute and motivated individual who is comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; engaging and empowering others to achieve results.
Requirements & Skills
- 3-4+ years’ experience
- Strong time-management, organisational and communication skills
- Self-learning and self-starting
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of work
- Expert knowledge of PHP 5/7, MySql and OOP
- Modern PHP frameworks experience
- Linux command line knowledge (Debian)
- Experience with WordPress and ACF - Proficient with source control systems (Git)
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility & testing
- Experience writing technical briefs, estimates, timelines and documentation
- Ability to work closely with the design team, the lead developer and clients to develop technical strategies and achievable designs
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with Marketo or Eloqua - HTML5