START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 FASHION RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR A BUYER! **
- Creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
- Assist in web management – managing product features, category sorts and seasonal flow strategies that drive customer engagement on site.
- Contribute to the financial success of one or more Categories by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Assist in the development of seasonal Department or Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.
- Create and execute sizing strategies that support Category objectives.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories. Identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment.
- Measure site performance metrics. Provide recommendations to drive increased customer engagement and sales results on site.
- Strategize, recommend, execute, and recap in-season pricing strategies – including seasonal markdowns and promotions.
- Manage the assessment of sales and inventory plans from investment through in-season management, including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes.
- Develop and manage Basics sales and inventory forecasts.
- Assist in the forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product, site and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Hindsight seasonal product and financial results through hindsighting process for Categories.
- Assist in the development of seasonal product strategies and department/divisional Long Range Plans.
- Perform daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline. Complete timely workflow on all deliverables defined by the Global product pipeline and seasonal check lists.
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners. Communicate changes and updates to production through Style tracker/Change log.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Execute shop strategies and promotional plans ensuring a compelling product assortment that will meet overall business objectives.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details. Attend weekly site review meetings.
- Responsible for timely workflow of web management deliverables and timelines: includes overseeing and validating the work completed by merchandise coordinator.
Review Omniture reporting to understand customer’s preferences.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
- Manage Merchandise Coordinator. Communicate timelines, standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner. Help direct report balance workload priorities to ensure successful execution.
- Customer and product centric
- Excel Expertise
- Financial Acumen
- Business Acumen
- Basic knowledge of international production processes
- Strong presentation skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs