AQUENT is seeking an Audiovisual Technician for one of our COOLEST clients and their UX Research Lab in Northern, VA.
We are looking for an audiovisual technician for our Northern, VA location. As a member of the User Research Lab team, the AV technician works with other team members to ensure we capture, distribute and store the highest quality recordings from our research sessions. Strong audiovisual operation skills are important, along with the ability to think on your feet (if your friends gave you the nickname “MacGyver”, then you’re probably an excellent fit for this role). The Lab Technician is responsible for managing all video and audio collected during our lab sessions and making sure it is secured and easily accessible by all researchers.
In addition to basic duties of managing the operation of the usability lab, the lab technician should also devote time toward exploring new and more advanced methods for collecting research data. The Lab Technician should be constantly brimming with ideas for how to expand the footprint of the lab, as well as remaining on the cutting edge of new technology that could expand our research capabilities.
You will be THE source for all questions about our research content and the best way to set up the lab for an optimal research experience. You should be able to adapt quickly and on the spot, to meet ever changing and unpredictable research needs.
- Constant monitoring and upgrading of our lab’s video, screen-sharing, and recording capabilities, while making sure everything works together efficiently and effectively.
- Oversight of selection and installation of new eye-tracking equipment and other innovative research tools. (Eye-tracking equipment and other innovative research tools.)
- Development of appropriate methods for recording and archiving of usability sessions.
- Upgrading of recording capabilities of the lab whenever necessary and coordinating with our usability vendors to make sure any upgrades go smoothly.
- Coordinating with internal tech support teams as needed for support of all hardware and software in the labs.
- Upgrading of recording capabilities of the lab whenever necessary and
What you bring:
- Experience in video editing. Creating a cool video of clips that excites and engages our partners a plus.
- Experience operating a usability or technical lab a plus.
- Knowledge of networking, server technology and data management tools.
- Understanding of tools such as Morae and UserZoom, or a willingness to learn.
- Constant hunger to understand new usability tools and technology and the drive to bring them into our lab environment
- Knowledge of Sharepoint and/or other content management systems a plus.
- Ability to think quickly and resolve problems in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 2 years of technical hardware experience
- At least 2 years of software support experience
- At least 2 years of audio/visual technology experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of audio/visual technology experience
- 1 year of experience with Morae (Not required)
- 1 year of experience with UserZoom (Not required)