There is an amazing opportunity to share your skills as a motivated (freelance) Associate UX Visual Designer at our prestigious Fortune 500 client who has a reputation of employing smart and creative people with a culture of collaboration and teamwork. In this role, within the Marketing’s Digital Strategy Team, you will be engaged in interesting and impactful work with the opportunity to grow in your career as a digital designer. This role is open-ended freelance, 40 hours a week, on-site in mid-town NYC, health care benefits provided, 401k, FlexSpend, 5 paid sick days.
What You Will Do:
- In this key role, you will be responsible for creating engaging digital assets and designs for both internal and external audiences. The key role consists of both UX and Visual Design, art selection, production responsibilities and work with the company’s internal clients & marketing teams. One fun example is working on web landing page for players golf championship
- Evolve the company’s brand through style guides, templates, iconography, typography, and visual imagery.
- Act as main creator of various digital assets, including imagery for corporate website content, social media properties, emails, and even Times Square digital signage.
- Maintain excellent image quality as set by branding and platform style guides and liaise with Content Business Units to create their own content.
- Ability to retouch, enhance and optimize imagery digitally.
- Brainstorm visual design strategies for projects with greater UX team; contribute creative ideas for making designs, design standards and UI patterns better
- Author UX assets including wireframes, sitemaps, state transition diagrams, design pattern libraries and UI elements
- Deliver UI recommendations, suggested page designs, story-boards, prototyping, assist in developing scripts for usability testing and work with front-end developers to ensure implementation matches provided designs.
- Minimum 1-3 years design/production experience, preferably with design focused undergraduate degree
- Must have a portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had complete creative control.
- You should have excellent balance in design, typography, quality image selection, modern design principle application, and polished visual presentation.
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Great eye for layout, color, imagery and typography
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to articulate rationale behind design solutions to colleagues
- Passion for creating beautiful designs, a strong pride in the work you produce and an eagerness to learn and expand design and UX acumen
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Contracting long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward transportation passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ and free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you! If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org