Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Jr UX Designer to work an initial 6 month contract with possible extension onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Commerce Product team.
Local candidates only please.
The Commerce Product team creates digital cart and checkout experiences that allow customers to confidently place orders.
The Commerce UX team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join the team at our Richfield corporate headquarters. The best candidate is someone who thrives in and is energized by being part of a highly collaborative and agile work environment with deep cross discipline (UX/Development/Product) representation. This UX Designer will contribute towards iterative improvements and enhancements within this space while working with members of the broader UX team at Best Buy.
As a UX Designer on the Commerce team, you're an enthusiastic and highly motivated UX Designer who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment. You're a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with designers, product managers and developers to create easy-to-use experiences that delight users. You embrace the idea to fail fast and to test and learn as a critical part of innovation. You deeply believe that design is more than how something looks, but also how it functions. From the moment an idea is conceived to the weeks after it launches, your voice is essential in representing our users.
- Create and optimize wireframe and graphical assets for web, tablet and mobile screen display to support the team’s work and participate in the creation of low and high fidelity prototype and other similar artifacts
- Participate in the planning and development of new content and functionality
- Ensure that work is produced in a manner that is consistent by employing design standards set by enterprise brand style guides but also be able to translate and evolve these guidelines to improve the overall experience
- Collaborate with and support a cross-functional team that includes other UX Designers, Developers (front end and back end), Product Managers, business partners and other key stakeholders
- Work with other UX team members to effectively translate customer, business, and product requirements into a cohesive and consistent customer experience
- Help identify and participate in user research opportunities
- Remain current with industry trends, usability and standards, along with the tools and techniques for online experience development
- Work samples and/or an online portfolio are required for submission.
- 2-4 years information architecture and web design experience
- Web Industry Experience
- Advanced wireframing skills with tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, or equivalent software
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite skills, in particular Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience working with website, tablet, and mobile touch-based interfaces
- Proven ability to formally present and articulate ideas effectively
- Self-starter who remains current with web trends, usability and standards along with the tools and techniques for online experience development
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, MultiMedia, Information Architecture, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Human Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, related field or equivalent experience.
- Design experience/project experience within a multi-channel retailer
- 2 year or more of experience in eCommerce development and optimization related specifically to pre-purchase digital experiences
- Experience working in other UX focused roles or web development is a plus.
- Wireframing tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Balsamiq, or Visio (Exposure to one or more) – Intermediate or Advanced level
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator – Intermediate level
- InVision – Intermediate level
- Excellent communicator
- Driven and self-directed
- Takes ownership of their work