Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale is seeking an Associate Sourcing Manager to join their Global Merchandise and Product Development department. This is temporary 2-3 month opportunity with the possibility of extending.
About the Department:
The department is focused on product/merchandise strategy, product & design, product R & D/innovation, and merchandise sourcing. Global Merchandise Sourcing cultivates a thriving team and strong partnerships around the world and partners with best-in-class suppliers to consistently evolve our quality, sustainability, and risk management initiatives to drive productivity and profitability through strong internal/external partnerships and proactive mitigation of cost drivers. The team works towards continuously improving supplier relationships and cultivation global and cross-functional partnerships.
- Assist/Manage the merchandise sourcing & production of baby product for stores worldwide, online and alternative business model opportunities in partnership with the Manager, Sourcing.
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related to baby products.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including initiating quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR).
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings and as required.
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established in-store and online launch dates.
- Provide accurate shipment status information from factory.
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with the brand's processes and procedures.
- Follow up with vendor communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with vendors and ticket/label suppliers to ensure brand guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance.
- Prepare standard any ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings and quarterly product line review meetings to understand key sourcing issues and action items.
- Minimum 5 years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products.
- Exposure to merchandise sourcing and production of multiple product categories.
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers.
Required Education: BA/BS pref.