The Associate Sales and Marketing Development Manager is responsible for the creation of new marketing opportunities, promotional ad products, sales materials and trade marketing efforts that enable the ad sales team to sell progressive advertising solutions (both to external advertisers and affiliated advertisers). This position provides national coverage in creating marketing and promotion opportunities. Additionally, this position plays an important role in helping create Media Sales & Marketing cross-platform ad solutions.
Specifically, the individual will contribute to the project management of digital marketing/promotion concepts that meet an advertiser’s objectives, including participation in the ideation, development of the ad solution, upkeep of status reports and roll-out of sales materials. The role also includes the communication and dissemination of the sponsorship opportunities to the national ad sales force, including on-going updates on established sales communication tool. Furthermore, this individual will assist the Manager, Sales and Marketing Development in managing the relationships with our online content partners, business units and execution of trade marketing. Overall, this individual will be responsible for creating innovative advertising solutions, promotions, and custom marketing programs within ad sales organization and contributing to Sales & Marketing efforts.
• Working with Manager, Sales & Marketing Development, research, editorial, and revenue operation teams to design compelling sales materials and ideate creative new sales opportunities. Look internally at marketing communications and tools, assessing future tools and recommend strategic direction for assigned areas.
• Manage and update evergreen sales materials
• Manage property relationships and communicate opportunities to the sales team. Provide input on sales tools and materials.
• In supporting Manger, Sales and Marketing Development, successfully partner with internal business units and product development teams to formulate online and cross media ad sales solutions (marketing/promotions tools) consistent with industry trends and category revenue goals.
• Contribute to efforts in gathering insights and strategy on audience, product, competitive, potential customers and market segments.
• Support development of sales and marketing educational tools that keep Sales and the Marketing & Promotion teams updated, informed and efficient.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
o 3 - 5 years online marketing/promotional/media experience
o Proven track record in developing successful advertising, marketing or promotional campaigns
o Experience working with nation-wide clients; business development and relationship management skills preferred
o Proven skills in creativity, problem-solving, follow-through, attention to detail, and priority setting
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills
o Sharp business sense, resourceful, innovative and responsive to change
o Proven relationship building skills
o Analytical and quantitative skills are a plus
o BA/BS required (marketing, sales business, or related field preferred).
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
o Excellent computer skills – Highly proficient with MS Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
o Photoshop and Keynote a plus
o Experience in Internet or Entertainment Marketing/Promotions; or experience with online advertising agencies
o Ability to multitask and lead several projects at once
o Proven ability to manage multiple internal client and external customer relationships and manage through conflict, driving groups to collective business decisions
o A passion for creativity; the creative drive to develop rich, dynamic, and exceptionally effective advertising strategies
o rich, dynamic, and exceptionally effective advertising strategies
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs