The Associate Production Manager actively participates as a member of a Global Production Team, which is responsible for the execution and communication of a global production strategy. He/She coordinates and manages the activities of a Production Department, classification or key programs, depending on the scope and complexity. The Associate Production Manager might have Assistant Production Managers as his/her Direct Reports. He/She works closely within a cross-functional team that includes; Design, Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, R&D, Tech Services, and Planning and Distribution, responsible for product and strategies to support end-to-end process.
1. Product Strategy Management
• Execute production strategy in partnership with sourcing channels.
• Monitor and ensure on-time delivery by troubleshooting issues with production team, sourcing channels and logistics.
• Partner with sourcing channels and internal cross-functional teams to manage calendar adherence.
• Manage and track production time lines.
• Manage pre-production approvals as necessary.
• Conduct monthly In-store quality assessment visits.
• Ensure product integrity by troubleshooting bulk testing exception reports.
• Lead weekly production update with cross-functional team.
2. Product Placement
• Compile data for production hindsight package and product placement strategy.
• Manage seasonal costing process.
• Create product placement plan and present sourcing options to achieve financial goals.
• Confirm program placement with sourcing channels.
• Develop an action plan for post-placement open issues.
3. Financial Management
• Communicate monthly receipt issues to sourcing channels and recommend an action plan.
• Track business financials by validating accuracy of all departmental reports.
• Partner with cross functional team to execute chase and fast track strategies.
• Manage costing process to achieve departments cost of goods goals.
• Partner with cross functional teams to maintain Vendor Managed Inventory and Sales Based Rapid Response initiatives per department.
• Gather information on liabilities and present solutions to Manager.
• Support GIS in PO to vendor management by ensuring accuracy of Order Management Systems and Assortment Costing Tool (PO system).
• Manage costing process to achieve financial goals and cost of goods (COGs) goals.
• Review and recommend all costing opportunities. i.e., e-sourcing, Canada sourcing.
4. People and Relationship Management
• Develop Assistant Production Manager.
• Create teams and partnerships across functions.
• Developing Direct reports through:
1. Formal and on the job training
2. Behavioral (feedback, modeling)
4. Review individual development plans and annual goals.
• Manage Self-Development by:
1. Scheduling training and educational opportunities for (e.g., Factory visits, System/IT training, forms and reports).
2. Develop relationship with Mentors, Peers, and all Sourcing Channels.
• Directors of Production, Merchants, Planners, Design, GIS, Distribution, Tech Services • Recommends production opportunities to support proposed sourcing strategy and financial plans.
• Develop an understanding of design intent and aesthetic requirements.
• Influence cross-functional business partners at all levels.
• Align with GIS on vendor/mill strategy and production strategy by region for departments managed.
• All Production Team members • Lead immediate team members to review and agree on department Production strategies; Works with peer Production Managers to review company wide Production strategies and tactics for a fully global approach to Production opportunities; Develops internal and external relationships with guidance from Direct
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs