Large Consumer Products and Entertainment client in Pasadena is seeking an Associate Product Merchandiser for the Softlines Division The Associate Product Merchandiser will support the Manager of Product Strategy in developing brand Product Strategy.
- Support Manager in developing global brand product strategy for assigned departments. Strategy to include region specific needs, meet brand and quality requirements and meet financial needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain departmental strategies and drive Omni-channel (brick & mortar and e-commerce) assortment choices to support these strategies.
- Actively work to apply financial insights, consumer insights, and product trend information, as well as support the divisional strategies and overall global brand vision and mission to validate assortment.
- Manage assigned category initiatives to achieve financial objectives for assigned categories/departments.
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry, specifically for relevant categories, to help shape the assortment, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Present quarterly departmental strategies and corresponding product lines to the Senior Management team.
- Partner with key Global cross-functional partners to ensure product concept translates into saleable product that hits financial targets and delivers on time.
- Execute to key milestones, meeting requirements to support delivery of merchandise to Regional partners.
- Build and update quarterly assortment plans.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years merchandising experience in a mid to large size company
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Work, Adobe Illustrator a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- People oriented team player
Required Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience