The SportsCenter Application Associate Producer is responsible for gathering and posting of content for the new SportsCenter mobile app, including news stories, video, and social material as directed by the Producer. They will also assist with creating original content, ensuring stories are covered in an accurate, and timely manner, and aggregating the best material from our television programs, ESPN.com, and social media. The Associate Producer must have exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate well with other departments, and have a mastery of both television and digital production.
• Successful candidate will be trained to operate internal content managing systems for edit purposes and replacement of content to adhere to ESPN Rights and Clearances
• Will be trained to operate Quantel for video edit purposes while understanding policies and procedures for placement of text and video content including AP and ESPN style guides
• Provide assistance to Producer with tasks including updating images, headlines and contextually linked video inside the app
• Has a strong understanding of the integration process between departments in T.V. and Digital Media
• Accountable for strict adherence to established ESPN production procedures and a strong understanding of content rights
• Ability to represent ESPN in cross-departmental conversations and meetings
Successful candidate will have experience working in a deadline driven newsroom-style environment or in TV production
• Above-average and varied sports knowledge
• Ability to apply sports knowledge to recognize news and the most relevant score-driven results
• Team player able to multitask in a fast-paced sports news environment.
• Able to handle periodic ad hoc assignments
• Proven communication, grammar and organizational skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule Desired Education Bachelors Degree in a related field (Journalism, Communications, Digital Media, etc)