• Build a strong working relationship with the game development team and help them with any obstacles to ensure that the game is “fun” and on time.
• Manage the hardware and software upkeep of multiple internal playtest labs.
• Work within the project database entering and triaging tasks and distribute the captured information accordingly and follow-up on any issues that directly relate to or are otherwise impacting playtests.
• Prop builds using multiple tools and be able to quickly troubleshoot any issues in order to minimize impact on playtests.
• Create, manage and own a master schedule spanning multiple teams. This includes balancing lab time equally taking into consideration needs, deadlines and milestones.
• Quickly react to changing needs with little to no down time.
• Coordinate and lead play-testing efforts across the entire studio spanning groups as diverse as: Test, Production, Marketing, User Research, Localization, Business Development, Legal and more.
• Identify and remove roadblocks that might impact playtests. Evolve as the project evolves and learn new processes, tools or methods as they come online.
• Construct structured and detailed daily reports showing current status of the daily build.
• Focus on results and take pride in work done.
• Passion for games with a desire for understanding what makes them great.
• Motivated and eager to make a positive impact through play-testing.
• Must be a self-starter and take initiative with little direction.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Requires a positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Able to quickly adjust course and troubleshoot problems under pressure and time constraints.
• Well organized with a keen eye for details and a strong work ethic.
• Great cross-team communication skills. You can comfortably talk to a room full of creative types (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. programmers), and non-technical people (e.g. PR and Marketing) alike.
• Decision Making. You use your intellectual horsepower to break problems down into discrete elements and solutions, and can demonstrate how those solutions positively impact the entire product.
• Must have current gen video game knowledge, game knowledge is preferable.
• Should be comfortable with Excel as well as bug tracking software programs
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs