Our merchandising team is looking for a talented Merchant Assistant to support the Health & Beauty category. The position supports the divisional merchandise strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing assistance to the merchant and site merchandising teams. This role is a foundational entry point to build fundamental knowledge of retail commerce and site merchandising. The Ideal candidate has a proven track record for flawless execution and attention to detail. Must be agile, flexible and an innate solution-seeker. Should have background in merchandising and possess general knowledge of online retail. Strong communication and organizational skills will be paramount for this role, as this individual will be responsible for coordination and follow-up on multiple concurrent projects.
This role is unique in that expectations will go beyond general execution and extend into independent decision-making, requiring a blend of creative thought balanced by data-driven analysis.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Support and assist Category Manager to execute end-to-end strategy for on-site merchandising experience
• Execute and Launch Deals/Events, negotiate pricing with sellers
• Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Assist in pricing optimization through competitive analysis
• Generate and maintain multiple reports for the merchant team
• Assist in other miscellaneous processes and procedures.
• Integration of the market and the competitive landscape, contributing to new ideas.
• College Diploma
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Work effectively across teams, drive for outcomes and communicate context
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• General interest in the Health & Beauty business
• Excel Experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs