Our client's Associate Manager of Corporate Communications works directly with the Director of Global Communications on initiatives to build and enhance the corporate reputation of client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Director of Global Communications, you will:
1. Assist in building client’s corporate reputation through media relations, executive positioning, thought leadership and industry relations.
2. Draft communications materials, including press releases, bios, fact sheets, messaging, Q&As, social media posts, etc.
3. Collaborate with cross-enterprise stakeholders on strategy and program execution, including Internal Communications, Brand Publicity, Investor Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Resources and Philanthropy.
4. Work directly with reporters, conference organizers and other third parties on opportunities to enhance client’s corporate reputation.
5. Ensure materials are up to date, including corporate messaging, websites, fact sheets, etc.
6. Serve as a resource to the enterprise risk management team in researching and managing issues.
7. Assist with reporting and measurement for corporate reputation programs.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related field required.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a public relations agency or public relations department, preferably supporting a global company, required.
• Strong writing abilities with an emphasis on corporate messaging and storytelling.
• Proactive self-starter who works well independently and in a group setting.
• Experience working with global brands/corporations.
• Solid understanding of business acumen and expectations of a publicly-traded company.
• Creative mind with a track record of suggesting and implementing new ideas.
• Social media proficiency, preferably with experience developing corporate social content.
• Detail-oriented and thoughtful with work and colleagues.
• Strong project manager with ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
• Positive attitude and flexible to adapt as programs or priorities evolve.
• Ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders.
• Team player.
• Experience managing program budgets.
• Ability to travel.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Passion for client brands and products a plus!