Our client is a AAA game development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. They are the official home of a world renowned video game franchise, and their objective is to push the limits on entertainment platforms and devices. The team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from the industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight the fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
The Associate Gameplay Producer is responsible for working directly with a multidiscipline team with guidance directly from their Lead Producer to drive features to completion. You will partner directly with the individual contributors to ensure they deliver on time and at a high quality. A key component of this role is to manage the critical dependencies between engineering, design and animation and help solve issues before the happen. As part of the Production team, you will be expected to help create and foster a collaborative, healthy, and high performing work environment. The Producer will help manage the overall production backlog and partner with product owners to ensure their visions are being achieved.
• Help the team deliver on their Sprint and Milestone goals.
• Reiterate goals to the team and motivate them to execute on time and at a high quality level.
• Proactive risk management and mitigation.
• Help ensure Project management software is up to date regularly.
• Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
• Management of multi discipline features.
• Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
• Minimum 2 year’s production experience on console products.
• Production experience with a variety of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.).
• Has shipped a minimum of 1 games products.
• Experience shipping AAA quality games.
• Has been involved with projects from concept all the way through to ship.
• Has worked within multiple cross functional teams.
• Passion for video games and knowledge of current market
• Passionate about continuing to make a production process better.
• Empowers team to problem solve at all times.
• Continuously course corrects and removes obstacles for team.
• Directs resources and process towards the vision.
• Resourceful and thoughtful in making decisions in a timely manner.
• Interest in Animation and Performance Capture
•Understands game design and the Production management triangle