Our Fortune 500 Fashion Retail Client is looking for an Associate Designer for their Women’s Knits Team!
TITLE: Associate Designer for their Women’s Knits
DURATION: 3-6 months+
LOCATION: San Francisco
• Participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
• Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
• Responsible for specing a new design.
• Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
• Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis.
• Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
• Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
• Assists in fabric and trim development.
• Can meet independently with vendors.
• 2 to 4 years design experience.
• General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
• Solid understanding of design process.
• Solid flat sketching skills.
• Good design and color sense.
• Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
• Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
• Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
• Time management / communication skills.
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field.