This top tech company has a forum that seeks to give every user the information they need and want to know — from critical news stories to deep interests.
As an Associate Editor, you help make sure that their app can live up to the audience’s needs and expectations, including quality, relevance, timing, and ranking. The range and deadlines of your assignments varies greatly; however, you are able to curate informative, accurate, and lively experiences in a timely fashion, often at a moment's notice. The role demands discipline, hard work, and quick action. In return, you'll receive enormous satisfaction as a key member of a dynamic team.
* Curate articles, stories, and editions into meaningful and engaging user-facing features
* Help maintain a detailed, comprehensive editorial calendar
* Identify new content sources to expand & strengthen Newsstand’s catalog across multiple genres and regions
* Measure success of editorial efforts, via Analytics and other internal tools
* Help evolve manual workflows into automated, scalable processes
* Write documentation for editorial tasks; help inform our editorial policies and procedures
* Fluency in Portuguese (Brazil) and/or 1-2 European languages: Spanish, Italian, French, German.
* B.A./B.S. required; M.A. in Journalism/Communications preferred
* 2-3 years working in a full-time media capacity: reporter, editor, or producer
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, CMS’s, and other publishing tools.
* A demonstrated ability to jump into complex workflows, and improve them steadily over time
* Deadline driven, including a willingness to adapt hours when necessary to cover important events & stories
* An obsessive consumer of news content across all media, including social media, legacy media (print & broadcast) as well as online
* A proven knack for multitasking, communicating with a global team, and maintaining shared tools & resources
* Passionate about a dozen (or more!) cultural phenomena: favorite bands, authors, niche movie categories, emerging trends, and more.
* Adept at switching context from broad, generalist topics to very narrow interests and back again
* Mindful of what makes great user experiences, from catchy copy to engaging images & videos
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs