You are a bright and creative editor eager to support and be a part of an editorial and video team.
You have a passion for learning and a love of media, with particular interest in current events, journalism, and finance.
You are professional and hardworking, with superior organization and time management skills.
You’re ready to work in a fast-paced newsroom and go out in field.
You’ll work on a variety of projects with all members of our team, including writers, editors and video producers.
Your possible responsibilities may include:
• attend team’s daily morning editorial meetings
• conduct research and reporting for the editorial team
• pitch, report and write articles and/or scripts
• help with social media promotion and production
• proofread and fact check scripts and articles
• research and book video guests
• operate teleprompters
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience or working toward a degree in relevant field
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• prior journalism experience at local (can be a student publication) or national media outlet
• passion for current events, journalism, and finance
• experience with content management systems and social media
• familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media