The Associate Demand Planning Manager is responsible for all forecasting and demand management activities associated with customers, internal and external, and products globally. The Demand Planning Manager generates historical trending, manages exceptions, and creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance and other sources. The Demand Planning Manager creates historical trending for internal demand and manages input to create a complete demand picture.
The Associate Demand Planning Manager is the integration point for the sales and commercial organization, leading the demand planning process for assigned areas, creating and presenting a formal demand plan to executive team, and leading to a consensus forecast. The Demand Planning Manager participates in the Demand and Supply gap reviews and helps prepare key messaging to the Executive Sales and Operations Planning Leadership.
- Develop internal demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Develop and maintain complex forecasting models using excel and/or a demand management tool
- Review historical sales trends, manage outlier data points, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with supply chain, NPI and product marketing to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Create a historical trend for internal demand, obtain input on forward internal forecast, and create a total demand plan.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in creating the supply plan and developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Create key performance metrics for both demand plan and S&OP effectiveness; drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve effectiveness of demand plan and management of demand for New Production Introductions and version change initiatives
- 2-5 years of demand planning experience, preferably with SAP/APO, or Kinaxis/Rapid Response
- Basic understanding of statistics.
- Experience with supply chain
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, solid judgment and creativity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to interface well at all levels of the organization.
- Good project management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and resolve planning problems independently and collaboratively with co-workers.
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics, Data Analysis, or Business.