Our communications client is looking for an Associate Creative Strategy Director/Creative Strategy Director to work with their newly formed Strategy, Planning, Analytics, Research and Creative unit. You will be currently be working in a Strategy focused role ideally within the communication field where you are able to apply creative ideas to the research and planning. You’ll be a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a storyteller who will help us convey messaging in new and creative ways.
Our client is a fully integrated, global communications consultancy, leaders in integrated communications campaigns helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and delivering global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
The role will have a scope and creative license to champion and oversee creativity across the communications agency through the development of innovative tools, processes and platforms that enhance their creative work, help differentiate them in the market and develop impactful solutions for clients’ challenges.
You will build creative teams and design processes to unlock big ideas that engage UK and global audiences via traditional media relations, public affairs and social media.
You’ll be someone who enjoys mentoring and developing junior team members, leading by example, with a keen eye for organisation and detail. You’ll keep your teams motivated and focused on the task at hand – but you’ll still love getting your hands dirty and creating the work alongside them.
- Providing a quality service
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team working and projects
Essential skills and experience
- 7-10 years of related professional experience and working directly with clients.
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or ideas that get talked about, reported on, and have impact.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- The ability to write across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices.
- A love for words, but an eye for art and design.
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices.
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends.
- Excellence - A passion to push things forward – to innovate and inspire others
- Ambition – Constant desire to go beyond the everyday tasks in your role
- Creativity - A natural ability to create innovative and unusual ideas/solutions and think outside the box
If this sounds like the kind of role you are looking for on a freelance/interim basis please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio as well detailing your interest in the role.