You love presenting, have a desire to search out the right solution based upon both strategy and creative.
Your love inspiring a team while building strong client partnerships.
You seek out the big idea, not just the safe bet.
You love collaboration and can guide a team from idea to execution.
Your comfortable leading campaigns not matter what the medium and have a solid background in digital as well as print and video.
The core accountabilities of this position include:
• Business Contribution: Collaborate with content writer(s), designers, content producers to develop creative communications in support of assigned businesses/brand(s) and Global Marketing’s business objectives.
• Creative Output: Oversee creative and ensure high levels of quality of output and productivity from design and writing/editorial team while complying with project schedules, budget and workflow processes.
• Resource Management: Forecast and allocate resources against current and planned projects; manage daily efforts of the creative staff to enable individual and team contribution, in compliance with performance management practices.
• Leverage understanding of assigned clients as well as Marriott International overall to provide innovative ideas and creative content that achieves business results.
• Ensure that designs comply with corporate and individual brand-identity guidelines and support cross-platform content marketing needs.
• Deliver creative content and stories that support various marketing communications business needs, including: print and digital advertising, corporate identity, direct, social media content, video and photography.
• Review creative work developed by design and content team for strategic integrity as well as to ensure that brand and creative-quality standards have been achieved.
• Participate in creative presentations to internal colleagues as well as clients—effectively representing concepts and solutions to influence sell-through to clients.
• Effectively manage own workload—setting priorities and driving project deliverables to targeted, timely completion.
• Manage workflow and delivery of materials executed by assigned content and design teams so that project budgets and schedules are consistently met.
• Keep colleagues in Account Management, Traffic and/or Production informed regarding the status of creative output—particularly as it affects project schedules, budgets and desired outcomes.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of up to five Creative associates, including art director(s)/designer(s), writers, copy editors and content developers(s).
• Closely manage and track hours and associated costs to assure cost recovery on all client work
• Estimate and ensure the timely availability of resources for successful project execution; keep Managing Creative Director and/or Director, Agency Operations updated re: design team availability as it relates to forecasting for future projects.
• Regularly monitor individual and team
o Consider employees’ interests and development needs when determining work assignments,
o Be accessible to them to help address issues and resolve problems,
Inspire individuals and the team overall to achieve higher levels of performance.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing and/or design/fine arts required.
• An outstanding portfolio reflecting 7-10 years designing and writing for balance of digital and print advertising, branding and marketing communications
• Minimum four years managing writers and designers; experience with a wide variety of media specializing in: print, digital, content marketing and delivery, social, photography and video.
• Expertise with CS5-InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required; Flash, HTML and CSS are a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to partner with colleagues and clients to develop and execute cross-platform creative in support of business and brand objectives.
• Experience leading large content initiatives for global brands
• Related work with content creation and creative wins thru storytelling
• Ability to succeed under pressure, managing multiple concurrent projects while shifting priorities and responding to changing business/client needs.
• Customer oriented with exceptional attention to detail, organizational and presentation skills.
• Experience working as part of a multi-functional project team (particularly working with Account Management, Production, Studio and Traffic)).
• A proven understanding of creative workflow processes including briefings, concepting, content development, execution as well as expertise related to design and production (print, digital, typography, photography, illustration, video and multimedia).