Our client feels that great design is only half the equation, and they place equal importance on being excellent and effective communicators with all of their stakeholders and collaborators. Their focus is on collaborative, cutting-edge and intelligent design methods in cross-platform digital experiences – and this role would aid them in helping to define and evangelize design communications across a variety of those initiatives.
Working closely with the UX, UI and Content design leads (and your own nimble team of design communication ninjas), you will be the point person for championing the personality, expertise, and voice of client – carrying out a variety of internal initiatives from helping to coordinate pitches and briefs in a manner that designers and stakeholders alike can identify with, internal branding efforts that communicate our unique capabilities and personality, style guides, internal design sites, process initiatives, case studies, client/stakeholder relations and beyond.
Who You Are:
• You are passionate about Design Communication and what that means across a wide variety of deliverables, touch points and initiatives and how that applies to a growing internal design agency, its collaborators, its users and its stakeholders
• You have spent some time in your career wearing many "design" hats and are familiar with a variety of different design roles – from traditional print design to digital product design and everything in between
• You are someone who has past experience designing for highly trafficked consumer-driven websites, technology, cross platform experiences, entertainment experiences and agency experience (this experience will help to ground the candidate in the types of communications efforts and logistics that are needed)
• You are passionate about keeping up to speed with trends and innovations in design, technology, development, visual design, art, communications design and product design
• You are someone who is driven and eager to dive in and carve out their own role and contribution to the team
• You are someone who is flexible and invigorated by multiple projects and a fast paced and passionate environment
• You know what excellence is within your craft – and cannot only identify and evangelize best practices, but use your tools to push new boundaries and explore new territory in order to deliver innovation
• You have a detail-oriented personality and highly developed organizational and communications skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, speak and present on behalf of your work, and craft and tailor communications efforts to a wide array of different people and personalities
• You have strong self-management skills combined with an ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team
• You believe that better work is done through collaboration and iteration
• You have a BS/BA and relevant managerial experience or a Masters in Design (or related degree)