Our Client’s Creative Studio creates engaging and compelling custom content programs that deliver brand messaging within the standards of journalistic greatness and award-winning entertainment that readers demand.
As part of this team, the Associate Editor will specialize in ideating and articulating content strategies in response to client RFPs. This role focuses on pre-sales as well as being a primary contributor for post-sales needs.
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Creative and Production teams to assess program objectives, brainstorm ideas to develop clear, compelling, 360-degree content strategy plans that align with client goals
- Effectively communicate concepts, ideas and rationale to clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- Create sharp, intelligent long- and short-form copy for RFP response decks including headlines, program titles and social media promotion
- Work on several campaigns at once, managing proposal deadlines sometimes under pressure and often to strict schedule requirements
- Write multiple sponsored articles for clients per week, with an ability to create engaging stories that resonate with the audience
- Track success of sponsored content programs, topics and formats, compile statistics and provide recommendations for future programs
- Effectively promote Native campaigns across our Social Media Brand Studio accounts
- Keep up to date with content marketing and native advertising trends in order to follow and surpass sponsored content best practices
- Must be a prolific writer in both Spanish and English with the ability to write strong, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of paid content creation experience or journalism experience, ideally in a full-time writing or editing position with a news publisher or agency
- Outstanding writer with experience in digital, social media, mobile, video and live event platforms, the ability to translate complex technical material into engaging reader-facing language
- Self-motivated researcher with a passion for interactive and immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colorful details
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- HTML and CSS skills a plus