The Associate Buyer assists in the development, execution and communication of merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the financial objectives of Canada online.
• Assist in managing the financial success of Canada online by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
• Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan.
• Manage day in day out promotions based on sales and inventory turns at the style level
• Basic buy plan management and Price management (i.e. markdowns and Promo’s)
• Re-project in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Partner with buyer to analyze historical data and current product trends to identify risks/opportunities and develop action plans to achieve financial goals.
• Re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basics styles to meet financial goals.
• Execute strategies for size balancing and inventory balancing.
• Partner with buyer and cross-channel partners in managing basics markdowns and exit strategies.
• Communicate financial results to manager.
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships with buyers and cross-channel partners.
• Provide manager with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs.
• Actively participate in company sponsored training programs.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
• Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
• Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships
• Technology proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Must be able to operate a computer
End Date: 12 Months
Work Schedule: 40 hrs/week
Top 3-5 required skills- Analytical skills, good communication skills cross functionally, be able to meet deadlines, Excel Savvy
Top 3-5 daily responsibilities: Manage day in day out promotions based on sales and inventory turns at the style level, basics (core) style analysis, execute strategies for size and inventory balancing, basic buy plan management and price management (i.e markdowns and promos)
Scope of the job: Basic programs and pricing management in total Kids (boys & girls) for the Canada Online market
Type of background you are looking for: Analytical background in retail or finance.
Software skills: Excel
Size of the team: 8 – 9 team members
Contract only or Contract to hire: Contract Only
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs