Our client is looking for an Assoc. Business Manager. In this position, the Associate Business Manager will report to the Sr. Business Manager II of the Marketplace department and play a key role in driving sales and profit to contribute to growth.
This is a general business manager role that requires the ability to develop a holistic understanding of the business and industry. The Associate Business Manager will be responsible for managing seller analytics in order to hit financial and operational goals, measuring performance metrics, building strong internal and external relationships, and manage partner accounts. Responsibilities will also include measuring optimization of assortment to improve marketplace growth, while enhancing the customer’s experience. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams. Candidate should also understand how to use technology to help drive and meet business needs. This is an ideal role for a candidate who loves analytical projects that can influence and drive significant financial growth.
• Manages the analysis of partner assortment by creating and evaluating financial reports to identify actions to drive incremental sales. Collaborating with partners to optimize product assortment; analyzing information related to product performance, trends, forecasts, competitors and industry information. Conducting price and shipping evaluations to offer recommendations to partners. Developing strategies for promotional activities; ability to report out to senior level management on strategy, pricing, assortment development, and marketing efforts
• Creates, manages, and executes Marketplace support issue; collaborate on new feature and product development roadmaps with department leadership and technical teams; developing business requirements; advocating for partners; evaluating and quantifying changes.
• Ensures the alignment of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives by partnering with Legal, Finance, Marketing, Site Merchandising, Project Management, and third party partners; ensuring legal compliance from partners; working with Finance on planning and reporting; serving as the daily point of contact for third party partner; communicating with stakeholders on key business initiatives to ensure buy-in; and working with marketing and site partners to develop strategies.
• Manages partner operations (for example; customer service, fulfillment timeliness, service level agreement (SLA) compliance) for assigned business areas; identifying potential efficiencies; implementing corrective actions; managing day-to-day activities of third-party partners; reviewing the site and developing strategies to improve the customer experience; monitoring and defining strategies to act on customer feedback; and providing strategic and operational recommendations to senior staff and cross-functional/third party partners.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
• 2-3 years of related work experience years of related work experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be able to travel to conferences and partner visits.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Online ecommerce experience a plus
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level within Wal-Mart and partner organizations; cooperative working style
• Strong general business knowledge base
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
• Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual teams
• Good project management skills
• Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
• Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude
• MBA preferred
Additional Job Details:
-- Ability to manipulate large data sets and quantities of data to drive business decisions and maintain high attention to detail. Strong Excel and SQL skills are a must
-- Team Player: Ability to develop partnerships, utilize strong communication skills, and work cross-functionally
--Communicates clearly and persuasively via email, verbally, and presentations. Tailor communications to the appropriate level audience and modify approaches as needed for maximum impact. Excels in communicating with individuals and groups and to all levels of the organization.
Additionally, we would love to have someone with experience in the international landscape and marketplaces (JD, Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay, etc).