Are you interested in working with a sporting goods brand that is transforming from a traditional retail to a omni-channel model integrating online and offline selling channels? Our client's online business is soaring
and they are seeking smart, modern marketers to help sharpen their marketing capabilities and support a huge growth agenda.
The Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) is a critical partner in their transformation and future. The ABM will be responsible to partner with and support the Brand Manager in the planning, development and
implementation of all marketing for their brand. While the ABM will assist in many traditional aspects of marketing, they will take a leadership role in advancing content marketing and social channel development for the brand, acting as the “Chief Editor” for all content.
Sure, they all love dirt bag endurance athletes! It’s their culture. But, be warned, the ABM job is an “all in” job for a performance-driven marketing leader eager to be a part of a highly entrepreneurial experience. If you appreciate being a little uncomfortable, pushing the edges, moving fast in a rapidly changing environment that values results, teamwork and fun, this might be the best job you ever had.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Content & Social Media Marketing
- Accountable for implementation of content marketing and social media programming and editorial calendar in support of brand, business and social media channel growth targets.
- Work with the Brand Manager and agency teams to develop content marketing and social channel development strategy, programming and weekly editorial calendar.
- Partner with brand manager, internal and external teams to manage and execute the delivery of content to support content marketing and social channel growth objectives and plan.
- Partners with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy. Ensure consistency of messages across platforms and channels.
- Execution of all social media activities tweeting, sharing engaging, liking, poking (okay maybe not poking) maintaining and increasing social reach on a daily basis.
- Facilitates the social conversation through responding and engaging with social comments, sharing, and posts. Continuous monitoring and coverage of all social sites.
- Owns email marketing as part of content marketing programming.
- Track social media performance; create a weekly and monthly marketing dashboard report; lead all aspects of analytics, consistently driving for insights on our audience, our content and social media channel performance; partner with digital agency as needed for analytics/reporting.
- Researches media and industry trends, monitoring any new outlets that enter the social media market that may have a useful place for the brands.
Advertising, Media & PR
- Support Brand Manager to ensure paid media plan drives content visibility and social channe engagement with our audience and achieves growth objectives for brand, audience and social channel platforms.
- Lead tracking of KPIs/metrics of the marketing plan and programs in conjunction with Brand Manager, agencies and internal channel leadership; track and report key insights and actions; make recommendations for creative and ad optimization, a/b testing, etc.
- Supports Brand Manager in executing creative – including photoshoots, video production, email program content and editing, events execution, partnership development - in support of overall marketing calendar; elevates key issues to timeline to enable resolution and on-time implementation; ensures all internal stakeholders are posted on changes as needed.
- Supports Brand Manager and PR agency partners in executing PR/media efforts including write ups, reviews, features, events, new product launches and other news events
- Assist with monitoring of budget, ensuring invoice processing, maintaining marketing department files, documents and contracts for the brand; setting up new vendors; handling and managing athlete and influencer payments.
- Maintenance of internal website data management tools.
- Support content/creative needs of various online and offline channels.
- 4-6 years of experience in marketing, content marketing, PR/Communications and/or social media channel development; ideally in an ecommerce or digital marketing environment or role.
- Minimum of 3 years successfully managing and operating content marketing and social media channels for a leading brand on agency and/or client side.
- Fluent in content marketing, social channel development/management and respective metrics and analytic methods; not a mathematician; insights driven.
- Demonstrated success in project management in a brand or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related major.
Desired Skills & Proficiencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects to execution/completion on time and on budget
- Detail-oriented, analytical tactician who loves to execute and get things done and done well
- Understands basic media math and confident in the current digital marketing trends
- Knowledgeable with GDN, AdWords, Goggle Analytics, Facebook Advertising, SEO, Email Marketing, AMS, AMG and other media platforms.