CPG/Food & Beverage Experience a Plus
Must be on site, 40 hours a week
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Associate Brand Manager assists in the development and execution of brand strategies consistent with all aspects of the business, including new product development, financial management, business fundamentals, marketing planning and tactical execution of plans.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual and long range marketing plans for the brand. Develop a deep understanding of consumer, customer and marketplace insights and transform these insights into actions that drive brand and company growth.
- Lead brand and category analyses to deepen understanding of brand performance using Nielsen database; translate analyses into implications and recommendations for brand plans.
- Lead the entire commercialization process of new items – both smaller line extensions and major new product platforms – and renovations to current products. Commercialize on time and on budget.
- Drive the creative process with the development of clear briefs delivered to agency partners. Assist in overseeing the development, review, and execution of all brand creative.
- Develop and manage annual brand A&P budget. Assist in analyzing brand P&L to identify opportunities to grow brand margin and revenue, including pricing analysis.
- Collaborate with sales to create selling “stories” for new item launches, pricing strategies, and “fix the mix” initiatives.
- Develop clear understanding of brand identity standards (standard colors, logo, etc.), coordinate projects and communicate progress.
- Lead the cross functional team in day-to-day management of the product portfolio