Our client in Fishers, Indiana is in need of an Associate Brand Manager to join their team for a 3 to 6 month, on site assignment. As a key member of the marketing team, the ABM will help drive brand and category leadership in a nearly $400 Million retail category that is poised for growth.
We are seeking a passionate advocate of the consumer, and a results-orientated change agent. The ideal candidate will have an impressive track record of driving outstanding business results, with strong cross-functional project leadership experience, and be someone who enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced, growing organization.
The ABM will lead and coordinate with the cross-functional team for product launches, distribution growth initiatives, demand-driving programs, forecasting, cost saving opportunities, packaging changes, and other business initiatives. Success in the role requires strong strategic capabilities, analytical acumen, and detail-oriented exceptional execution. Candidates unwilling to “roll up their sleeves” and fully engage need not apply.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Drive sales and profitability growth for the portfolio, including brand and private label business.
- Identify, develop, and execute new ideas and proposals that can drive growth and/or improve profitability.
- Lead and manage demand-driving brand marketing programs, delivering ROI and spending goals.
- Manage business reporting, including monthly dashboards, competitor/marketplace analyses, and ROI analyses.
- Analyze data from internal sources, syndicated data, and customer POS to identify key trends, opportunities and market share changes
- Collaborate with R&D to guide new product research, product improvements, planning and execution.
- Champion ideas for digital/social marketing execution, including maintenance and optimization of website and presence in other online venues.
- Partner with the Finance and Operations teams for cost saving opportunities, product and packaging transitions, and overall operational excellence.
2. Collaborate closely with Sales and Customer Development teams to achieve exceptional retail execution and results.
- Provide leadership, ownership, and thorough attention to details for on-time and within budget execution of package graphics and structural improvements for smooth transitions for customers.
- Work with Customer Development to develop strong in-store programs, including shelf planograms and displays, to drive growth.
- Partner with Customer Development to define distribution strategies for each channel of trade and expand placement at key accounts.
- Develop collateral materials, product samples, and sell-in presentations to support Sales meetings and customer presentations.
- Connect consumer promotion events with retail promotions to deliver increased merchandising effectiveness.
4. Be a leader in the organization.
- Lead cross-functional teams, modeling key success behaviors of outstanding project management, communication, teamwork, accountability, and results-focus.
- Raise level of understanding across the organization of our consumers, our brands, and the external marketplace.
- Be an advocate for diversity, for creating a culture of winning, and for compliance with key processes used to govern the business.
- Develop marketing and leadership skill sets to advance to increasing levels of responsibility.
5. Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
6. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Bachelors degree required
- MBA in General Management or Marketing preferred
- Minimum three years of experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods or durable goods industry
- Consistent track record of delivering outstanding business results
- Proven experience successfully leading cross-functional teams/projects
- Comfort with ambiguity in the pursuit of aggressive growth goals
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Experience with syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen) and shipment data systems a plus
- First-hand experience with indoor and outdoor fires, including fireplaces, fire pits, and charcoal grilling is a plus
- Role is based in Fishers, Indiana
- Must be able to travel 10 percent of work time
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves,” to be involved in the details, and operate in a lean organization
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Jeans every day
Apply today if you have the skills and drive!