In the assignment at Aquent's client, the Visual Designer is responsible for the look and feel of training materials produced by Global Retail Training. They partner with instructional designers to create visual components for content that convey and enhance the training message, while maintaining client’s distinct style standards.
- Command image based and typographical layouts with advanced knowledge of OS X and iOS.
- Prepare assets to strict standards for use in a variety of media.
- Create and modify documents and templates as needed.
- Utilize Keynote, Pages, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to design and enhance training materials.
- Collaborate with instructional designers to imagine, and bring to life, training content.
- Produce design solutions that meet project objectives across departments.
- Work independently and as part of a global, cross-functional team.
- Participate in team and partner meetings and conference calls either in person or virtually, domestic and internationally.
- Role model and advocate for the values, principles, and approaches set forth by client’s high standards and design aesthetic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing design software.
- Experience related to visual arts such as texture work, photography, 3D work, painting and graphic arts.
- Proven ability to capture innovative and complex concepts and create corresponding illustrations.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well in a team environment, work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple/detail oriented tasks.
- Ability to mediate and cope with rapid change.
- Experience interacting with and influencing team members and business partners at all levels.
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude.
- Highly responsive and self-directed.
EDUCATION & Experience:
- 3+ years working in a visual design/production field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional working experience is required.
- User experience with client hardware and software products is required.